Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A BUSKER PRESENTS PRESENTS: A CHRISTMAS QUIDDITY COMPACT



SHANGHAI GOODIE BAG
And here they are – the bestirring presents given to me this Christmas 2017, beginning with this very cool bag of goodies, our son brought home from Shanghai, where he plans on residing for at least three years.

PAPERWEIGHT FLASH
I’ve always been a fan of the Flash, more so as a young adult, than as an adolescent.  I even have a modest Flash comic collection in storage (somewhere).


When I was a young adult and swimming instructor, tattoos of the Canadian flag were the commonplace skinny expressions of my aquatic ilk.  My imaginary tattoo during that time, however, was not the flag, but rather lightning bolt of the Flash.  This attraction to the Flash was the delusional running bond, I'm sure.  Though I was a professional swimming instructor and lifeguard, I was and still am a long-distance runner -- my positive addiction since 1976.


SONG-WRITERS ON SONG-WRITING
For the past decade I’ve fancied myself as a singer-songwriter, my favorite gusts being four yearly gigs, one for each season on the Bushwakker Brewpub stage in Regina, Canada, where I sing my original songs.  My next scheduled performance, in fact, is January 24th.

Some of my favorite singer-songwriters discuss their muses in this book: Tom Petty, Roger McGuinn, Robbie Robertson, Carole King, and of course, Bobby Dylan.  Unlike these top charting icons, I've no public or hidden desire to have any song I've ever written recorded.  I write my songs and I sing my songs -- I do not record my songs.

THE LIVING AND THE DEAD
The Living and the Dead is a contemporary comic having the same recurring theme (existential dread) as is frequent in this blog.  The Living and the Dead is both an illustrative and literary treat.

And near to close, dear reader, this compact blog entry pretty much renders my quiddity.

Presenting my CHAUCERIAN PARADE of portrait sketches for this week, all save for the one of Eric, I've copied from an existing picture handed to me by the client.  Drawing portraits from a picture is certainly not my forte (I much prefer live models), but I am honing my calling card in this regard.

CASSIUS

CHASITY

SEB

ERIC from Victoria, British Columbia


No comments:

Post a Comment