Sunday, November 20, 2016

ALPHABET PHILOSOPHY: AN ABECEDARIAN PERSPECTIVE



ANDY AND GINO (ITALIAN STAR DELI)
My writing life is contrived and can be as simple as ABC.  

I am an abecedarian. Gino (pictured left with his eyes closed)  gave me this post title: ALPHABET PHILOSOPHY.  Yes, I tend to compartmentalize my ideas into categories as assigned (by me) in alphabetical order.   

Compartmentalization, in Psychology, is a type of coping strategy, usually assigned with a negative connotation.  But this is not always the case.  

For an extreme example: Soldiers must compartmentalize their battlefield horrors in order to fight on, both on the war front and the home front.

Another example: Much more pedestrian in nature than soldiering, most of us muster the ability to compartmentalize work streams separate from our home life.  One unwritten rule of work is to not bring home strife to the office, and conversely, an unwritten rule of home is to not bring work issues into the living room.  (I know this is easier said than done, but such rules are essential for one to focus on the tasks at work and also to the unrelated tasks at home.

Yes, I am a abecedarian, certainly a misnomer because I am not among as the Christian defined 16th – Century Anabaptists who disdained human knowledge unless delivered by God, but more simply defined, I am one who tends to compartmentalize ideas into alphabetical order.  I do this because it’s the perfect lazy design for a short-cut guy as myself, who doesn’t have to think and think and think to figure a better structure to present unrelated (yet seemingly related because of the alphabet) for my random weekly blog ideas.

This blog entry, specifically, will demonstrate my abecedarianistic reflective writing nature.  This ABC compartmentalizing allows me to self-aggrandize rather shaggy-dog stories as being empirically significant.   

And here I go!

    • A ... It began with an Accordion (see this blog, February 27th, 2011).

    •  B … And now I am a Busker.

    • C … a Cool busker
    (MAYBE NOT THAT COOL)

    Or I could begin with Andy and Gino Again.


    ANDY'S TURN ... EYES CLOSED

    This could be followed by my Busksign/Buskpot:



    And now here is the latest picture of my best friend, Colby Williams.


     And then … D

    DIDGERIDOO DUO
    Then ... E

    EMIL AND DAN AT OPEN MIC (SOUTH SK INDEPENDENT LIVING CENTRE)
    Then F … as I strive to get from 10.8 percent body fat to 9 percent!

    FOOD CHART
    (Yes I have body image issues!)

    Some inanimate CHAUCERIAN PARADE marchers were tossed into my guitar case this week:

     
    A LITTLE GIRL'S SUNSHINE SKETCH
     
    A TIM CARD ... STEEPED TEA!

    A SUGGESTIVE EMOJI:)

    Factoid:  My being a blogger means really being a wordmonger, having poetic license to extemporize and link together my selected topics extraneously without much regard for substance, shine without shoe so to speak.  (Such self-abasement is necessary from time to time.)

    My writing life is contrived and can be as simple as ABC -- 
    My non-writing life is geniune and never simple.
      





    No comments:

    Post a Comment