Monday, October 13, 2014

THE HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE FORMAT: HELLO AND HASTA LA VISTA!

THE REGINA FARMERS' MARKET


I am a routine guy.  Practically everything I do follows a routine, for which I create formulas, so to speak and write.  For example, when I wake up at 5:30 each and every morning, the first thing I do is turn on my computer, and as it warms and churns, I make one cup of American coffee (TASSIMO BOSCH style).  Then whilst sipping my coffee I read in this same order each and every morning:  THE REGINAL LEADER POST, THE HUFFINGTON POST, THE TORONTO STAR, AL JAZEERA NEWS, PSYCHOLOGY TODAY BLOGS, and DICTIONARY AND THESAURUS – MERRIAM WEBSTER ON LINE.

From this last read (DICTIONARY AND THESAURUS) I typically glean the word-of-the-day for my MNEMONIC DICTIONARY.  This morning I entered the word posthaste, to add to my made-for-me MNEMONIC DICTIONARY.  Here is what I entered: 

Posthaste            with all possible speed; I must post my blog posthaste!  A word of literary flair used by the bard [Shakespeare in Richard III and Othello]
And here are some examples of other words I’ve entered over the years:

A cappella          singing without instruments; [a cap is all]
Abecedarian       alphabetically arranged; rudimentary [simple as ABC]
Acrid                  bitter, pungent smell or taste [Ach! Rid]
Ad Hominem      attack on a person's character, rather than intellect; against the person
                                [Political campaigns are ad hominem, ad nauseam]
I've over five hundred word entries. I’m guessing you get it.

Back to Posthaste.  Posthaste … With all possible speed; I must post my blog posthaste;  A word of literary flair used by the bard.

In relation to my blog entries (this one included) I follow a routine and therefore, over the years have created a formula for my weekend writing.  But first, my routines in a very general way.

Factoids:

My year is divided into ten months and two months.  For ten months each year, September through to June, I am a high school guidance counselor, part-time Psychology university professor, part-time private practice hypnotherapist.  In July and August I am a full-time busker, either with my pencil and sketchpad (portrait artist) or my guitar and harmonica (Bobby Dylan wannabee).

My monthly activities are determined by the seasons.  In autumn I am teaching at the university until Christmas, then again from January until April.  My contract as a high school counselor runs from autumn until the beginning of summer.  My private therapy practice runs all seasons, especially in winter.  The GRAND TRUNK TROUBADOURS (the community band of which I am an original founding member) runs from autumn until spring, and with PHANTOM TIDE I've gigs on demand.

Weekly, too, I’ve a routine.  Monday evenings I teach at the university.  Tuesday evenings I lift weights.  Wednesday evenings I lift weights.  Thursday evenings I’m with the Grand Trunk Troubadours on a gig, or practicing with my Phantom Tide band mates.  Friday evenings I go watch the REGINA PATS of the Western Hockey League with my favourite National Hockey League scout, BRAD HORNUNG (GOOGLE him), and my oldest son, Baron.  Saturday afternoons Baron and I play Nine-Ball and eat nachos at THE BROKEN RACK.  Saturday evening my wife, Carol, and I always go out for dinner, usually to CRAVE (we live right downtown and right next door), and Sunday evening I do nothing.

Every morning during the week I run around Wascana Lake or lift weights at university; that is, after my Monday to Friday routine beginning at 5:30 A.M. which I mentioned in the first paragraph of this essay (just in case you’ve forgotten).  Saturday mornings I usually write my blog (this one you’re reading) and Sunday mornings I prepare my university lesson for my Monday evening university class. 

Now back to my weekend blog writing formula.

Fact:  

I never really know what I’m about to write until I decide on a snappy title.  For me, as in all my writings (even my novels), I ALWAYS begin with a snappy title.

Factoid:   

My snappy title for this morning, as most my snappy titles, just jumped out at me.  I was thinking about my HYPNOTHERAPY practice (of which I will soon be launching full-time) and was deciding on a general formula for each session.  Like I said, I’m a routine guy and often rely on my own created formulas to assist me through the day.  I knew each session would begin with a welcome and end with a good-bye.  Thinking for moments only, HELLO and HASTA LA VISTA jumped into my brain, then onto this type.  Here is my newly designed format for the upcoming sessions in my newest venture, THE HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE OF REGINA.  This format shall be my new routine:



  • HELLO

INFORMATION AND EXPLANATION OF PROCEDURES
(This is simply the welcoming and handshake for any client walking into my practice.  Of course, phatic chat is my favorite type of conversation to begin any session.)

  • DELIBERATION

DISCUSSION OF DETAILS FOR SCRIPT #1 … MOST PLEASANT PLACE TO RELAX
DISCUSSION OF DETAILS FOR SCRIPT #2 … PROBLEM/HABIT HISTORY
(Clients will discuss/reveal for their most sacred place to achieve peace of mind.  Clients will also discuss their problems and the gritty details of how each problem unfolds to add dismay into their lives.)

  • HYPNOSIS

INDUCTION: (STANDARD SCRIPT) CAP-A-PIE ENERGY EMISSION
DEEPENING: (PERSONAL/COLLABORATIVE SCRIPT … ENTERING YOUR PERFECT PLACE)
SCRIPT #1 (CARPE DIEM FASHION) DETAILS … DETAILS
POST HYPNOTIC SUGGESTION/S:
SCRIPT #2 (ALTERNATE HISTORY OF HABIT PARTICULARS)
AWAKENING: (PERSONAL/COLLABORATIVE SCRIPT … EXITING YOUR PERFECT PLACE)
DEDUCTION: (STANDARD SCRIPT)
(This is the actual session where the clients are actually induced into a hypnotic trance and awakening.)

  • HASTA LA VISTA

DISCUSSION OF NEW HABIT PARTICULARS
(This is simply the good-bye and handshake and more phatic chat.)

Dear readers, this is my suggested routine and has been suffice to date.  As any of my other routines, they seem to stay the same forever, but over the years have adjusted slightly.  And, dear readers, as I stated earlier, my blog never is apparent until a snappy title jumps out at me.  And then I write about it, revise my writing, revise again, and sometimes revise yet one more time.  I did this today for what you are reading right now.

My routines and formulas provide me with aplomb enough to be a counselor and busker, a teacher and a writer.  I have discovered through my years that all of these activities are quite bestirring to me. Each day that I awaken, I want to continue to be that mettlesome ludic-natured sixty-something extravert who fancies himself as an envied boulevardier.  I know that I whatever I am doing seems to be working for narcissistic me.   


My CHAUCERIAN PARADE THIS WEEK HAS JUST ONE MARCHING CHARACTER:  ROQUE ANDRES!

AT THE DAM IN AMSTERDAM

At the top of this blog I've a picture of Roque Andres, last Saturday at the Regina Farmers' Market.

At the bottom of this blog I've a picture of Roque Andres, last July at the Dam in Amsterdam.  I've chatted with Roque just two times this year, last July in Amsterdam and then again last Saturday at the Market!  What are the odds!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment