Saturday, September 19, 2026

AN AMERICAN POP CULTURE VS AN AMERICAN CULT: THE BATMAN'S ENEMIES COULD VERY WELL HAVE BEEN THE PRESIDENT'S FRIENDS.

Today I am going to present two batches of ROGUE GALLERIES, one from our pop culture past and the other from our fanatical present. I shall begin with THE BATMAN'S ENEMIES (from the zany zeitgeist 1966 - 1968).

HOLY CAMPY, BATMAN!

THE BATMAN

THE JOKER

THE PENGUIN

THE RIDDLER

CATWOMAN

EGGHEAD

COLONEL GUMM

SHAME

MA PARKER

For sure THE BATMAN'S ENEMIES in the '60s were hammy, but here are some of THE PRESIDENT'S KITSCHY FRIENDS in the present.

HOLY BONKERS, BATMAN!

THE PRESIDENT

THE KASH
THE BONDI

THE CHEUNG


THE NOEM
THE LUTNICK

THE MILLER


THE JONG

THE PUTIN

And for more laughs (or frowns) as I intertwine the these two galleries of rogues, here are more of the president’s friends. Just a reminder, dear reader, that all of the BATMAN'S ENEMIES are fictional television villains, whereas all of the PRESIDENT'S FRIENDS are real, having television roles only to enhance the president's agenda. Though I cannot resist to suggest that the quiddity of both galleries are the same, I should mention that some of the president's friends had rather regular lives until they transmogrified into such lickspittle bootlicker knaves for this top-of-the-ticket Republican.

HOLY FIRST AMENDMENT, BATMAN! 

THE RUDY

THE LOOMER

THE HUCKABEE

THE VANCE

HOLY CREEP SHOW, BATMAN!

While re-reading this blog post I must confess, dear readers, 

I LAUGHED SO HARD ... 

THAT I FORGOT TO FEED THE CAT!

ZAP! BAM! KAPOW!

BUSKING AT COMIC READERS

Notez bien: Busking out front ComicReaders the other night in Regina, SK CANADA, a teenage Goth girl brushed by me as she departed the shop, having the latest BATMAN comic book in her hand. This instance immediately flooded my mind with memories of Adam West, the pop culture icon of the '60s television series, hence the idea for this particular blog entry!

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment