Sunday, May 8, 2016

SPRINGTIME: AND SO BEGINS THE PICTURE PARADE



SELF AND CORVUS WHILE BUSKING AT THE FARMERS' MARKET
 (CORVUS HAS APPEARED IN PAST POSTS: NOVEMBER 17, 2013 AND JULY 13, 2014.)

SPRINGTIME! 
The salad days of busking are beginning again.  And so are the concerts amongst the blossoms and bicycles and birds and bees and big green eggs and barbeques and bears and stand-up paddleboards!

Oftentimes in my blog I include MY CHAUCERIAN PARADE, some thumbnail sketches of the people in the immediate past week that have emotionally moved me, be it in ways positive or negative.   

This week will be different.  Finally it is spring!  Finally the weather is warm!  Finally my habiliments can be summer side!  Finally, I’m busking ‘neath Simpson clouds in azure skies! Finally kinetic gusts are enveloping my buskspot!
Is the English idiom, a picture really worth a thousand words, really true?  

Hmmm … in apophasis fashion, rather than describe in literary detail the blooms and spumes and perfumes and bird chirps of spring, this week I shall attempt to gruntle my readers, not with my woolgathering, but by clicking my IPhone in mauger olla podrida photographic style …  
MY CHAUCERIAN SPRING PARADE
BLAKE BERGLUND AND SELF AND BELLE PLAINE (WHILE I WAS BUSKING AT SHOPPERS ON BROAD)
BLAKE AND BELLE IN CONCERT THE NEXT NIGHT AT THE EXCHANGE -- I'M THERE WITH TICKETS THEY TOSSED INTO MY GUITAR CASE WHILE BUSKING AT SHOPPERS!
THE WARM-UP BAND ... ANDY (WHO I KNOW FROM BUSKING AT THE ITALIAN STAR) AND ... DEVON FLOYD (WHO I KNOW FROM BUSKING IN VICTORIA B.C. ... IT'S A SMALL WORLD!)
SNOW GEESE (ON MY RUN AROUND WASCANA LAKE)
MY BIG GREEN EGG ON MY 6TH FLOOR BALCONY
PERFECT STEAKS GRILLED ON MY BIG GREEN EGG
REGINA PATS D-MEN, CONNOR HOBBS AND MY BEST FRIEND, COLBY WILLIAMS ... JUST RECENTLY SIGNED WITH THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS (NHL) AFFILIATE TEAM, HERSHEY BEARS (AHL) ...
CHECK OUT THE HERSHEY ROSTER!
 
HEIDI AND (POUTY) CHRIS GOING FOR STAND-UP PADDLE-BOARDING LESSON #1
 
GETTING MEASURED UP FOR PADDLES

CHRIS PADDLES OUT TO SEA


HEIDI PADDLES OUT TO SEA

CHRIS OVERBOARD!

CHRIS SAFE AND BACK ONSHORE

MIKE DITKA stated that, If you’re not in the parade you watch the parade.  That’s life.  I’ll now translate that to Stand-up Paddle-boarding: 
‘TIS FAR MORE EXCITING TO BE DANGEROUS AND WET IN THE DRINK THAN BE EVER SAFE AND DRYLY STANDING ON THE SHORE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment